Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Chimes

[above photo courtesy of Catharina at This Window]

Chimes


I made some chimes.

It’s what I do. I try. I hope.
I put them up where they will catch the sun.
If they tinkle in the breeze, all the better.
That will add to the combined effect.

My intentions, if nothing else,

Will let me know that I am not alone.


I made some chimes.

And hoped that the inner walls

Of where I live, would live.

One ray would do it,

Travel the millions,

Oh, the miles. To stop here.

And tell me that I have never been

Alone.


I made some chimes.

But clouds, the most honest and wet, rolled in.

And looking out, never had my chimes
Showed themselves

As wonderful,

As then.

Who places chimes
Is never alone.
Who places chimes is in perfect company

With all who have never caught the sun.


© Ciprianowords Inc. 2007

4 comments:

Merisi said...

So beautiful, it cimes! :-)

Merisi said...

chimes!
:-)

Catharina said...

I am honored to have inspired you. And I really, really love the poem.

Cipriano said...

Thank you for visting, and reading.
Everything good to you.
-- Cip