Saturday, December 08, 2012

This Meeting

This Meeting

_____ must have expected nearly nothing.
Overlooking what I looked like, she asked me things.
After a fashion, we already knew each other -- but
I had always feared the fleshy part of it all, very much.

How would she react to my… under-stature.
My imposture, my lack of looking or acting my age.
The irreverence I am prone to exhibiting.
I had rehearsed certain anecdotes and mannerisms.

For this meeting, yes, I did. I had been in rehearsal.
She healed me with a story about a horse named Bree.
Her lips moved, and I heard many things, but her eyes
-- her eyes did things to me that made me grow up.

I had never known a horse more clearly. More horsely.
Tasting her skin with every word I leaned into a tornado.
A hurricane of desire. I followed up with a tale of my cat.
By then there was no table between us. I blame her.

I will always fault her for the sudden lack of boundaries.


-- © Ciprianowords, Inc. 2012 --

No comments: