Sunday, March 23, 2008

Skip The Warning


Skip The Warning


A worthy religion
Would come up with a way to do this.

Because what is happening
Is too many people know, know, know,
Know, no. Too much they suffer.

Too much hope. And denial.
Stratagems - oh, the energy - to live.
Only going to other planets and waging
War on our own is more important to us
Than gasping out another day.
Is the blip still blipping? Good.

Am I allowed to wonder why we have
Not long since abandoned all else,
And found a way, a road
To leave ourselves, in dignity?

I am listening to David Gilmour
And just as I wonder how he gets
From this note to that, I feel faint?
No.
Skip the warning.

I close my eyes and hear something
Sounding like my own name, maybe.
And I willingly follow, smiling
Because today is my day?

I would go to a church that promised me
A clean exit.
Leaving the beyond
To what it is.
The beyond.

© Ciprianowords Inc. 2008

No comments: