Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Way I See It


The Way I See It


They say it’s hard to know someone before they marry you
But here’s a couple things I’ll say before I say “I do.”

Never should you marvel that you buy my time for free
Darling, should the business of this world mean more to me?
And never should you long for what could come with just a touch
For never will you lack, if my own hand could give as much.

You’ll never have to twist my arm to take an evening walk
Nor tiptoe ‘cross the eggshells just so we can have a talk.
Love be our very habit then, praise be our only shout...
You’ll never have to live in fear, such love shall cast it out.

And never should the morning find us all “emotion spent.”
For never should our sun set on the coals of discontent.
And never should your dreams be bottled tight inside of you...
No, never doubt but that I’ll want to hear and dream them too.

Love, never should you shiver for the warmth I can provide
As much as never search for what should never have to hide.
The best part of this whole thing is, we’ll never feel alone...
For though we build the house we know that Love will build our home.

And should the world look on and sneer “Impossible,” so be it...
You’ll be the one that proves me true, and that’s the way I see it.

© Ciprianowords Inc. 2008

No comments: