Monday, September 24, 2007

Exit 39










Exit 39


You knocked coffee onto my crotch
And made me swerve.
“Panda bears! Panda bears!
Panda bears!
Pan. Da.
Bears.”
Now there are three hands on the wheel.
And the fourth is pointing.
“I see it! I see it! I see it!”
Leaning against centrifugal forces, and
Steering right, I believed in you.
I closed my eyes
When we kissed. And I threw this day
To what I thought was best.

I wonder if I have ever done anything
That intelligent.
Have any two people in the world, ever
Been further from where they should have been?
And yet closer to where they were?
Than
we were?
Feeding ice cream to bears?


© Ciprianowords Inc. 2007

2 comments:

Soph said...

I like all the poems on this page.
This one,however....this one seems very real to me. You might say that it has a lot of fictive immediacy or some such fancy poetic terminology.

Probably the narrator HAS done anything "that intelligent..." when he was following his truth to feeling...this seems to be a real intuitive fellow.

Love all your work. Couldn't pick a favorite.
Never ever ever.

Cipriano said...

Thank you, Soph.
When you read this poem, my desire is that your heart skips a beat, as you read it.
As my heart did, as I wrote it.
For........ for someone like you.
Or maybe. You.
If you can understand... if you can decipher the orange writing at the end.... then yes... it is for you.
-- Cip