Friday, November 16, 2012

So Be It

So Be it

If trees dress up in green, and an unclouded sky is blue
you are where you always imagined it best, Pastor Ness.
And you very nearly convince me, heretic that I am.
When Jesus spoke of childlike faith, he wasn't prepared
for how literally you would take him at his word.

Your favourite phrase, "Yes, Amen" means so be it.
You were never the dashboard saint, Clarence.
You were ever and always, the real deal.
So, pray for me, now that you are in the Kingdom.
Be the evidence of what my mind refuses to believe.

If anyone could help me with what I cannot accept
as truth -- so be it. Tap the one to your right hand side:
[whisper] The lad has some hard-thought doubts about it
but he means well, and always has. It might require
something simple, like that bit you wrote in the sand once.


-- © Ciprianowords, Inc. 2012 --

No comments: