Saturday, April 12, 2014

Momentum

Momentum

There is a piece of it right there, I went on.
You kicked it a second time, A piece of what?
Sedimentary layers. [Cliffs stared in silence]

Remember when we were speaking, earlier?
The tan layers pre-date the pink. This sandstone

[I bent down] was here when dinosaurs roamed.

Stopping, turning to face me, I heard these words:
I can only correct you on one point [a gull circling]
It was only you speaking, I was but listening --

-- Is there ever a time when you cease to think?

The horizon shrank to your brow. Planets shifted.
Waves quieted, a thousand books snapping shut.

In the ultimate breach of decorum, you kissed me.
Oh, Every Deity invented since knuckles dragged.
I knew that you were more than anything learned.


- © Ciprianowords, Inc. 2014 --

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful..

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love this!
C.