Saturday, June 07, 2014

Re-painting It

Re-painting It

Getting that loan in the first place. Our first big trial.
Then again, trust us to drive straight to Shylock & Sons!
Remember spending the first portion on vintage claret?
If three angels had descended that evening, both of us
would have told them to go -- heal someone of cancer.

Building a new world can definitely become this local.
It was a fixer-upper, and I let you choose a future color.
Unloading the van, the only thing wider than your smile
was my eyes. What the hell? Do we live in Bermuda?
Pastels are in, you said. I promptly prepared the rollers.

Twenty years on, the best of my life is in the past tense.
The very thing we once mocked angels with, took you.
And I notice how right you were, the way the far ocean
meets the lilacs. Our paradise in the middle of it all.
An afternoon in the hardware store, wet-eyed, asking

What do you, what do you have, in more of a lavender?


-- © Ciprianowords, Inc. 2014 --

1 comment:

soph said...

Your capacity for the ideal humbles me.